Yup, you read that right, simple 3 ingredient pancakes! This simple take on a breakfast classic is easy to prepare and packed with nutrients & fibre. They are nut-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free, although, we can’t guarantee mess-free if your little one(s) are helping 😉
This recipe is also a great starting point for you to get more creative. If you’re looking to spice things up, add some cinnamon or cardamom. Feeling extra sweet? Chop up a date, or throw in some wild blueberries…if you’re feeling really wild, toss some chocolate chips in yours! Your secret is safe with us. These pancakes are even more nutritious when served with fresh fruit.
1 toddler + 1 mama (we recommend doubling it up if there are more of you, or if you’re extra hungry)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup plant-based milk (we used the Earth’s Own vanilla oat milk)
- 1.5 cups oats or oat flour (use gluten-free oats is you’re keeping this recipe GF)
- Combine all ingredients. You can do this in a blender, in a food processor, in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, or if you’re feeling really strong, grab a fork and mash that banana up and get your arm workout in at the same time. If you’re doing it by hand, oat flour is probably easier to blend up. The consistency of your batter should be like, well, pancake batter.
- Heat a pan to medium-high on the stove (you can use coconut oil or another cooking oil if you’re not using a non-stick pan) and pour in your batter to your desired pancake size.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes per side, or when you can see the batter start to bubble and the edges beginning to cook through.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with fresh fruit or a fruit-based puree for a more nutritious option!