By: Chantal Urbina
Spinach is by far my most favourite leafy green. It is so darn easy to sneak this nutritious guy in anywhere without compromising taste or texture. Green pancakes look super fun, right? Well they are just as fun tasting as they look, I promise. Made with simple, real whole ingredients and made mini for our minis, this recipe is sure to win the family over. Should you need some convincing mechanisms, resort to revealing the magical secret powers of this ever so popular leafy green. Tell them these spinach pancakes will help them to grow strong, smart, happy, and healthy.
Mini Spinach Pancakes
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum flour (any grain based flour should work here)
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. milk/milk alternative
- 2 Tsp. coconut palm sugar
- 1.5 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 Tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Set your element at a low-medium heat and lightly spray or coat a frying pan with coconut oil.
- Using a 1/8th measuring cup, pour the batter on to the pan.
- Cook for roughly 5 minutes and flip the pancakes once the edges start to turn golden brown. Cook for another few minutes.
- Remove from heat to let cool and garnish with the endless possibilities there are to choose from.
meet chantal urbina
I am currently a retired Registered Massage Therapist on maternity leave with my first child. I am a certified Culinary Nutrition Expert and aim to create delicious but powerful meals that serve our bodies with the love and respect they deserve. Introducing solids to my daughter, Eliana, has further inspired me to create recipes with holistic foods. Motherhood has blessed me with the highest motivation to live the healthiest and happiest life that I can. Summers are when I shine my brightest as I live for adventures out in the sun. I live in Winnipeg with my daughter, husband and two cats.