Do you struggle to get your greens in throughout the day? Or do you have a picky toddler who’d rather eat around them? Hey, maybe you find yourself eating around them as well. This kid-friendly green smoothie is a quick and easy way to get your greens right off the bat in the morning, or as a snack throughout the day. This smoothie is toddler approved and may have you feeling like you’re on the beach, with the sea breeze in your hair and listening to the waves… if you close your eyes and use your imagination. Okay, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch.
Nutrient-dense, packed with vitamin-rich fruits, fibre and super greens is what we’re looking for, and still full of tropical fruity flavour! Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s pretty much foolproof—if you don’t have one of the ingredients or add too much or too little, it’s not going to make or break your smoothie.
🎉 Bonus! If you have leftovers of something chop it all up and put the extra in a freezer bag so it will be ready to go for next time!
Kid-Friendly Green Smoothie
Makes approximately 4 servings (1.5 cups each)
- 1-1.5 cups chopped fresh or frozen pineapple (approx. ¼ of pineapple if you’re cutting from fresh)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen mango
- 1 banana
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice (we love Earth’s Own options!)
- 2 cups (loosely packed) spinach
- the juice from one of your favourite citrus fruits (a lemon, orange or lime)
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½-1 cup of water depending on how thick you’d like your smoothie (start with half and add more if you’d like it thinner
Optional (though really, they’re all optional aren’t they)
- ice cubes (if you’re using fresh fruit, if you’re using frozen fruit you won’t need it)
- ½ an avocado for some extra creaminess and healthy fats
- ½ cup frozen peas for some extra fibre and protein
- Chop/cut all your ingredients (if you’re using fresh fruit, frozen is likely pre-chopped).
- If you’re using a high-speed blender that can handle all the ingredients at once, toss them all in (as pictured)! If not, you can choose to add your milk/water and slowly add each solid ingredient.
- Blend it up!
- Check the consistency of your smoothie. If you’d like it thicker, add some ice, or even a bit more frozen fruit. If you’d like it a bit thinner, add some more water or milk.
- Voila! Your smoothie is ready! Sip, sip and enjoy!
Don’t have the time, or let’s be honest, the patience, to make your own smoothie at home? We’ve got you covered with our line of super green pouches that are ready to go when you need to save time.