At Love Child Organics, we love using our fruit and veggie purees in cookies! It’s an easy way to add in a little boost of nutrition – and some flavour too. These Healthy Flourless Thumbprint Cookies are simple to make and packed with the goodness of Oats & Chia cereal, bananas, and chia seeds. And the best part? Your kiddo can join in on the backing fun and help press a finger or thumb in the middle of each cookie!
We bet Santa would love these cookies too!
Healthy flourless thumbprint cookies recipe
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup Oats & Chia cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Love Child Organics puree pouch (for filling thumbprints)
- Nut/Sun butter (or almond or sunflower seed butter), for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the oats and pulse until a coarse meal forms (optional). Don’t process it into a flour, some big flakes are good.
- In a large bowl, stir together the processed oats, Oats & Chia cereal, mashed banana, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- The mixture will be wet and dense.
- Using a spoon, scoop the dough into 10 mounds. (The cookies do not need to be spaced far apart on the baking sheet as they don’t spread out.) Press your thumb into the centre of each cookie to create a well.
- Bake cookies at 350°F (180°C) for 11 to 13 minutes, until the cookies are slightly firm on the outside, but soft and doughy in the middle. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Fill each well with your favourite Love Child Organics puree.
- If desired, pipe on your favourite nut butter (we dyed our sun butter with natural food dye for festive flare!)