If you or your family do not eat dairy and are craving a delicious dairy-free creamy pasta, we have just the recipe for you! Not only will you expand your culinary skills but you will also reap many health benefits. This dairy-free creamy pasta uses pumpkin puree and cashews for a meal packed with goodness.
This recipe is great on its own or as a base to begin incorporating new vegetables or flavours to picky eats. It’s great with roasted broccoli, green peas, caramelized onions or mushrooms, and chopped leafy greens. So, whether you eat as-is or with added veggies, this creamy pasta is 100% delicious. Bon appétit!
Dairy-free creamy Pasta
- 12 oz. your favorite pasta
- 1 tbsp. butter or cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (we love this Farmer’s Market organic pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ cup soaked raw cashews
- 3 tbsp. hemp hearts
- Reserved pasta water to thin sauce if needed (I added 3 tbsp.)
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Melt the butter or oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree and broth to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the paprika, chili powder, nutmeg, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Stir everything together and let cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or so.
- Transfer the sauce mixture to a high powered blender for best results. Add the cashews and hemp hearts and blend until thoroughly combined. Add reserved pasta water if needed.
- Fold the sauce and cooked pasta together and garnish however you desire.