Homemade popsicles have been a daily thing around here as of late. I’m 37 weeks pregnant struggling to beat the heat and my freshly turned 2-year-old is sprouting her last molars. It’s an unfavorable situation but nothing that popsicles haven’t been able to fix.
My daughter’s current obsession is grapes. She asks for some the moment she wakes up and they are on her mind all throughout the day. This latest love of hers inspired me to come up with this sweet, no sugar added summer treat. This way there is no guilt associated when I split apart a third popsicle for us to share in a day.
The chia seeds add many benefits to this treat including a source of protein, fibre, and healthy fats. Additional protein-rich ingredients such as collagen or other natural protein powders, a Greek yogurt, and hemp hearts could easily be added as well. Either way, this cool and fruit-filled snack will definitely hit the spot and please the whole family.
Berry Grape Chia Popsicles
*Makes 6 Individual popsicles or 3 double
- 1 cup red, seedless grapes
- ½ cup milk of choice (I used cashew).
- 1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
- Optional: 1 Tsp. natural sugar
- 1 cup chopped berries
- In a high speed blender, blend the grapes, milk, chia seeds, and all-natural sugar if using. Mix until smooth.
- Drop the chopped berries into the popsicle molds and pour the grape liquid overtop.
- Using a stir stick or butter knife, gently swirl the liquid in with the berries making sure to eliminate any air pockets. Tap the molds to ensure they have been entirely filled.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy!