By: Chantal Urbina (bio)
Green smoothies are absolutely incredible and we, as parents, know that they are also usually the sweetest of all blends. However, as sad as it may be, children and spouses alike may fear that dreaded bright green color. Their loss, am I right? So here is the perfect recipe to ease them all into the smoothie life. A cheerful bright orange is much more inviting to hesitant little sippers. I have even managed to sneak in some vegetable action as well, of course!
Full of fibre and packed full of vitamin C, this blend is a fabulous choice for the cooler months when colds and flus are lurking around every corner. It’s a perfect breakfast choice but will also serve as one creamy and hearty snack.
Orange Sunshine Smoothie
Makes 1 large smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 navel orange
- 1 large carrot*
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup organic orange juice
- ½ cup milk alternative of your choice (I used unsweetened almond)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts
* I steamed my carrot in advance to make for easier blending and a creamier smoothie texture. If you have a high powered blender you can use a raw carrot no problem.
- Blend all ingredients together until you reach your desired consistency.
Meet Chantal Urbina
I am currently a retired Registered Massage Therapist on maternity leave with my first child. I am a certified Culinary Nutrition Expert and aim to create delicious but powerful meals that serve our bodies with the love and respect they deserve. Introducing solids to my daughter, Eliana, has further inspired me to create recipes with holistic foods. Motherhood has blessed me with the highest motivation to live the healthiest and happiest life that I can. Summers are when I shine my brightest as I live for adventures out in the sun. I live in Winnipeg with my daughter, husband and two cats.