Gluten and refined-sugar free, and made with our Simple Firsts Applesauce, these festive holiday cupcakes are just perfect for excited little hands. Find a video for how to make them by clicking here.
Makes : 24
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-17 minutes
1 pouch Love Child Organics First Apples applesauce (you may substitute ½ cup unsweetened applesauce)
2/3 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon ground chia
½ cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Refined Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. (225 grams) cream cheese
½ cup sifted maple sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and fill the mini cupcake tin with paper muffin cups.
- Using a handheld beater and a large bowl or a stand mixer, blend together the applesauce, maple syrup, non-dairy milk and ground chia.
- While beating, slowly pour in the coconut oil, and mix until fully combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and mix again until fully incorporated.
- Fill the muffin cups to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, with an electric beater or stand mixer, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sifted maple sugar and vanilla and beat whip until smooth.
- Top each cupcake with frosting and a holiday-themed cupcake topper.