Last week, Leah was featured on Breakfast Television Vancouver, cooking up a storm with host Jodi Vance. Not only did we have a great time on set, we were also able to give away some of our delicious gift baskets full of Love Child Organics baby food. Thanks for all who watched and entered the contest!
If you missed the segment, or didn’t get a chance to copy down the recipe, we’ve posted it down below for you to enjoy:
Superfood Puree Recipe
2 apples, variety of your choice, peeled and chopped into large chunks
1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1 small beet, peeled and chopped into very thin pieces
1 teaspoon olive oil
Half an orange
3 tablespoons cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Celsius.
- Brush a large piece of tin foil with olive oil.
- Put chopped apples, sweet potatoes and pears onto the foil and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll together the sides of the tinfoil to make a well-sealed pouch.
- Place pouch in 400 degree oven and roast fruit and vegetables until they are soft, about 30-40 minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, puree the fruits and vegetables with the quinoa and a good squeeze of fresh juice from the orange. If you would like your baby to eat a more textured puree, simply leave out the quinoa while you blend, then stir it in whole at the end.
- Add pre-boiled water to thin the puree to the desired consistency.
- Freeze any extra puree in ice-cube trays and use for future meals.